The College is organised into six schools. Each school is led by an Assistant Principal (‘Head of School’). Four of the schools are home to a curriculum area. There are four main curriculum areas: Human, Creative and Physical Studies; Languages and Communications; Mathematics and Information Studies; and Science and Technology. Each area is led by a Curriculum Team Leader and there are subject leaders for each of the subjects within those curriculum area teams. These staff are supported by a Deputy Curriculum Team Leader.
The fifth school is the Sixth Form at Garth Hill College. Again, this is led by an Assistant Principal who works closely with the Head of Sixth Form and the Assistant Head of Sixth Form.
The sixth school is the School of Supported Learning which is led by an Assistant Principal. The school comprises all aspects of mainstream and specialist Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) provision, including Rise@GHC, and the entire Garth Hill community. The Assistant Principal works closely with the College’s Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs), senior and middle leaders to deliver the mainstream and specialist SEND curriculum.
Who's Who in our Houses
To view a larger version click here or on the table.
- School of Languages and Communications and Home of Lawrence House
- School of Mathematics and Information Studies and Home of Fielden House
- School of Science and Technology and Home of Brownlow House
- School of Human, Creative and Physical Studies and Home of Haversham House
- Sixth Form at Garth Hill College
- School of Supported Learning